2024 Scholarship Application
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
- High School Seniors living in the USA with Type 1 Diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited four-year university, college, technical, or trade school.
- Current Undergraduate T1D Students that are registered either for Spring, Summer, or Fall classes during the calendar year 2024 at an accredited four-year university, college, technical, or trade school based in the USA are eligible.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Letter from Physician or CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) with application that certifies student’s diagnosis and endorses your ability to manage T1D. HbA1c is not a criterion.
- Student to provide essay with application describing the impact Type 1 Diabetes has had on your life and why you should be considered for this scholarship.
- Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
ABOUT JIM’S TEAM 4 DIABETES FOUNDATION:
A non-profit Foundation created by its namesake (Jim Loria) that launched on January 26, 2022 after he was diagnosed with Late Onset Type 1 Diabetes seven months prior (June, 2021) at the age of 66 to help support families living with Diabetes across the USA with some type of financial assistance towards the purchase of diabetic equipment and supplies; provide student scholarships for T1D high school seniors and or current college students; to help fund summer camps for kids also with T1D. Jim’s Team 4 Diabetes was put together to help build a sense of community around Diabetes, believing that “no one living with this disease should feel alone and that people can live a happy and productive life following diagnosis.”